Westface Financial and Insurance Services
Who is it? Mark Guthrie is the co-founder of Westface Financial and has more than 25 years of financial industry experience, which includes launching the Northern California financial advisory firm, serving as CEO of the publically traded online financial services marketing firm InsWeb, holding senior management positions in securities and insurance operations for the financial services firm Industrial Indemnity, and serving as a college professor of business and international finance.
Mark holds undergraduate and graduate degrees in finance and international finance. Mark is a public speaker in seminars, workshops, conferences, and has appeared on TV News segments as a financial expert.
What is it? Westface Financial offers financial advice to families and small businesses in all areas of financial management including investments, debt management, college funding, business succession planning, asset protection, and retirement planning. The firm’s approach to helping clients is unique because they not only focus on asset management, but also on client’s hidden financial inefficiencies.
Their areas of expertise include:
- Financial Modeling and Planning
- College Funding Planning
- Business Succession Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning
- Asset Risk Management
- Asset Management and Protection
- Equity and Fixed Income Portfolio Construction
- Insured asset offerings such as fixed annuities, variable annuities, cash value life insurance. Guarantees are based on the claims-paying ability of the insurer. Guarantees do not apply to the investment performance or account value of the underlying variable portfolios.
- The firm has advisors licensed to transact, financial planning, securities, and insurance (Auto, Home, Umbrella, Life, Annuities, Disability, Long Term Care)
When? Westface Financial works with clients in all phases of their lives:
- Getting started with their long term plans when children are first born
- Dealing with saving for college, managing the expenses, and helping parents navigate the complex world of college financial aid and asset prioritization
- Advising small business owners on how to protect their ownership interest and build effective succession plans
- Helping to build and protect the retirement nest egg and optimizing the spending strategies during retirement
- Ensuring an efficient estate plan to make the wealth transfer to children and grandchildren effective and tax efficient
Where is it? Westface Financial works with clients throughout Northern California. They have clients throughout the SF Bay area, Sacramento, Truckee and North Lake Tahoe. More information about them is also available at www.westfacefinancial.com.
Why? Studies show that most families are inefficient with their money and don’t have enough to maintain their lifestyle during retirement. Families need help with the complex and confusing world of investment and insurance from an experienced, independent, caring advisory firm.
How? Through face to face meetings with clients, Westface advisors offer a unique focus, process, and set of planning tools to help educate, analyze, and recommend actions for the family finances.
Mark Guthrie is a Registered Representative offering securities through The O.N. Equity Sales Company, Member FINRA/SIPC One Financial Way, Cincinnati, Ohio 45242 (513) 794-6794. Investment advisory services offered through O.N. Investment Management Company.