Want to know how to write a blog post that stands out from the crowd? I found a helpful infographic that gives some terrific advice; keep reading for three steps that really resonated with me as well as the full graphic below.
How to Write a Blog: 3 Steps to Craft an Effective Post
1. Spend time on your title. Your blog post’s title needs to capture your readers’ attention. Add urgency, provide “how-to” advice, use a numbered list, write something quirky or ask a question.
It’s also important your title has a few key elements:
- One of your keywords (this helps with SEO).
- It teases your readers by telling them why they should read it without giving too much away.
- It directly relates to the actual blog content.
- It’s clear, clever and not confusing.
In terms of length, it’s best to aim for about 8 words or 70 characters.
2. Make your blog post strong from the beginning. Right away, draw your readers in. As you can see in my first sentence above, I started my article by asking if you wanted to know how to write a blog post that stands out. In addition to asking a question, consider:
- Making a strong claim that you can back up in the body of the post.
- Telling your readers exactly what they’ll learn from your article.
- Sharing a compelling statistic.
- Beginning with a thoughtful quote.
- Using an analogy, metaphor or simile.
3. Keep your readers’ attention. Once your reader has clicked on your link and started reading, how will you keep them interested? Above all else, it’s important you provide them with value such as helpful information, a heartwarming story or fascinating facts and figures.
In addition to providing them with value, avoid using confusing language and jargon; make your point clear and easy to understand. Make sure you back up any claims you make so they’re more credible, and use specific details rather than providing a general overview.
Want to know more about how to write a blog post that stands out? Check out the full infographic below.
Special Offer: Complimentary Consultation
Three Girls Media, Inc. is a public relations and social media management agency founded in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley with a team in the Seattle area. We love working with small and emerging companies across the nation to raise their brand awareness and name recognition. We offer a complimentary 30-minute phone consultation with our CEO and can answer your questions and discuss your specific marketing needs.
Call 408-218-2391 or Contact us today to arrange yours!