Research shows the power of visuals in a business’ marketing campaign. According to Hubspot:
- Visual content is 40 times more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content
- Almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store
- Shoppers who view video are 1.81 times more likely to purchase than non-viewers
How can you create images and videos for your business’ marketing strategy? And what should you think about as you design the visuals? Keep reading for my top tips.
5 Best Practices for Visuals
Whether you’re creating videos, graphics or editing images to use in your marketing campaign, there are a handful of basic principles and best practices to keep in mind:
- Think about your main message. What are you trying to convey with the image or video?
- Consider your brand’s font(s) and colors. How can you incorporate them in a visually appealing way?
- Brand your marketing visuals with your company’s logo and/or website address when appropriate.
- Keep it simple. You don’t want your visuals to be too convoluted or busy – it’s visually distracting.
- Think about the target you’re trying to reach. What about the image or video will appeal to them? Does it share helpful information? Is it visually inspiring?
3 Cost-Effective Graphic Design Tools
Are you ready to create images and videos for your business’ marketing campaign? Here are three helpful tools to consider using.
Visme: While there are limits on the basic (free) plan, this is a fantastic tool for creating infographics, charts, inspiring images and more. In fact, I created an infographic about the ABCs of Public Relations using the website; it was really easy and intuitive!
Canva: It’s no secret I love this tool. Three Girls’ team uses it to make everything from helpful custom images for our Instagram account to branded labels we print out and send to clients.
When it comes to creating custom visuals for your company’s marketing campaign, the options are endless! I recommend you check out the tools above and get creative – your imagination is really the only limit on what you can create for your brand!
Want more marketing advice for your business? Contact us for a complimentary consultation, and check out these posts for more helpful insight!
- 11 of the Best Public Relations & Content Marketing Tools
- Marketing Tips From 5 Amazing, World-Changing Campaigns
- How to Make Time to Create Marketing Content
Special Offer:Sign up for a complimentary consultation during March and receive a Social Media Management Guide valued at $375! We offer a 30-minute phone consultation with our CEO, and can answer your questions and discuss your specific marketing needs - no strings attached. Call 408-218-2391 or contact us today to arrange yours!