Why is social media engagement important? According to Oberlo, “social media engagement helps you strengthen your customer relationships.” By liking, commenting and sharing, users show interest in your brand and by engaging back with them, you build brand trust. This relationship is vital to increase your organic reach and customer loyalty. By increasing customer loyalty, you will also indirectly increase your sales.
Customers who you engage with on social media will find security in your brand and want to purchase from you more. Therefore, driving social media engagement is also key to driving business. Keep reading for tips to help increase your social media engagement.
Tips For Increasing Social Media Engagement
- Engage with your followers: More followers means more social media engagement. To increase your followers, you’ll want to work on building your network. There are several ways to do this, but no one method is guaranteed to work, so it’s important to test and try different methods to increase your social media engagement.
First, participate with your customers. We cannot emphasize enough how important it is to actively engage with your social media followers. By actively engaging with your network, you demonstrate that your page is fun and credible. Users will share your page with their network and gradually, your followers will increase. Engaging with your followers also means responding to negative comments. You won’t want to delete comments unless they are truly harmful. Addressing all comments, even negative ones, shows that you care about those engaging with your brand.
- Create Engaging Content: Another thing you can do to increase your social media engagement is to create compelling content. Users want to see content that is relatable to them and that stands out from the rest. Don’t overpromote your brand with flashy advertisements, this becomes annoying to users.
Follow the 80/20 rule when posting, and deliver compelling content that users will enjoy and benefit from. This will lead users to come back for more of your content. You should also commit to a theme, as users are more likely to return if they know what to expect from your page.
- Post Consistently: You will experience more social media engagement if you post on a consistent schedule. If you post at random, your content will simply get lost in the mix of the thousands of posts users view each day. Stick to a social media posting scheduleto create a routine that users can follow easily.
- Promote Nonprofits: People want to do good. If you give people the chance to give back to their community, they will respond positively. Even if your brand isn’t related to a social issue, getting involved with a nonprofit shows your audience that your brand cares about society. This creates trust with your brand that people want to engage with and will help increase your social media engagement.
- Link To Other Businesses: The last thing that can help to increase your social media engagement is to connect with other businesses. Tag other brands and sites in your posts. This will link their network to your page, increasing the chances of users landing on your brand’s page. Connecting with other brands is also another way of demonstrating credibility. If users see that you’re linked to another respected brand, they will likely see your brand as respectable as well.
How To Create Content That Increases Social Media Engagement
The quality and logistics of your content is vitally important to your social media engagement. If you’re producing low-quality, staggered posts, that’s going to impact your brand image. Post high-quality content that reflects your brand image and make it as intriguing as possible. Here are some tips to get you started on creating the right kind of high-quality content for your social media channels that will increase your social media engagement.
- Define Your Target Audience: Your target audience is the intended demographic or group of people that you want to absorb your content. By focusing on a specific target audience, you can generate quality social media engagement. You will have people truly interested in your brand’s content, while steering away from groups with less interest in your content. This will maximize your time and effort spent on content creation. To define your target audience ask yourself questions like:
- “What age group do I want to target?”
- “What interest groups should I focus on?”
- “Where am I going to focus my content?”
These sorts of questions will help you narrow down an audience specific to your brand.
- Identify Social Media Channels: Not all social media channels are going to work for your brand. Different demographics and groups use different channels, so it’s important to understand which channels your target audience is using. For example, Facebook’s demographics are mainly users between 25-34 years old, whereas TikTok users are mainly 10-19 years old, as shown in this report fromSprout Social. If your brand is targeted toward children, then you want to engage with TikTok more than Facebook to reach your target audience. Do your research on which social media channels your audience uses most to ensure you’re reaching the right groups.
- Create Compelling Content:Now that you know who your target audience is and where you should be posting, it’s time to create content that will entice users and improve your social media engagement. Here are several things you can consider doing:
- Share positive content:People appreciate positive information over negative. Share positive content to influence an upbeat mood among your users.
- Repurpose content:It’s not a good idea to post the same thing over and over, however taking an old post from over six months ago and revitalizing it to use again on your social media has its benefits.
- Create a brand image: Create content that shares similar components: a color scheme, fronts or imagery. This content will register with your audience as being from your brand and make it more memorable.
These days nearly everyone is on social media. That’s why it’s crucial your brand is out there properly engaging with users. Increasing your social media engagement can be tricky, but by following these tips and putting your best foot forward, you can reach your goals and begin to see results.
Looking To Increase Your Social Media Engagement?
Three Girls Media’s team of social media experts know how to drive engagement on all channels. We can create a custom social media strategy that will work for your brand. Contact us for a free consultation and watch your business grow through social media.
Special Offer:Sign up for a complimentary consultation during July and receive a Social Media Management Guide valued at $475! We offer a 30-minute phone consultation with our CEO, and can answer your questions and discuss your specific marketing needs - no strings attached. Call 408-218-2391 or contact us today to arrange your consultation!