9 Of The Best Social Media Tips From The Three Girls Team

9 Of The Best Social Media Tips From The Three Girls Team

Every year, June 30 is recognized as Social Media Day! It’s amazing to think about how much social media has changed the way people and brands connect with each other thanks to platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and Pinterest. Social media has become a vital component of a successful marketing campaign, which is why our team has shared their favorite social media tips for you. Keep reading to see their advice!

Erika’s Social Media Tip

Follow the 80/20 rule! Do you get tired of friends that only talk about themselves and never share anything you care about? Of course you do! The same thing applies to brands. Of course, you can share updates about your brand, but keep them to about 20 percent of what you post. Then you can use the other 80 percent to share interesting industry articles, entertaining images or informative videos.

Social media advice from three of Three Girls' team members

Emily’s Social Media Tip

Each platform is created differently, so users expect to see updates presented in a different way. Avoid using the “one and done” approach, where you post the exact same update to each social media channel; instead, introduce each article, image or video with a slightly different update written with that social media platform’s specific users in mind.

Lara’s Social Media Tip

Take the time to research your target audience, and invest your social media resources into the platform(s) they use. After all, if the people you’re trying to reach don’t use Pinterest or Twitter, for example, then your efforts on those platforms are wasted.

Social media advice from three of Three Girls' team members

Austin’s Social Media Tip

As you proofread your social media updates, watch for words that end in “Y” like “truly” or “surely.” By removing them, you save valuable space and your words make a stronger statement.

Anna’s Social Media Tip

Social media is designed to be social! Add an interactive component to your strategy as a way to connect with followers more effectively.

Social media advice from three of Three Girls' team members

Cas’ Social Media Tip

As you write your social media updates, keep it simple and use as few words as possible while being as compelling and engaging as possible.

Alysse’s Social Media Tip

Be strategic about when you post your social media updates. Look at your analytics and pay attention to what times of day your page receives the most engagement, and take your posts live then.

Social media advice from three of Three Girls' team members

Emily’s Social Media Tip

Pay attention to the imagery on each social media update you post. Is the photo or video interesting and compelling? Does it convey the message you’re trying to get across?

Olivia’s Social Media Tip

It’s better to post one well-written update a day than three poorly written ones. Before you post anything on social media, carefully review the link you plan to share, make sure the content is relevant to your brand and double check for typos to make sure you’re putting your company’s best foot forward.

Learn More About Social Media Marketing

Want to learn more about social media marketing? Contact us for a complimentary 30 minute consultation or follow us on our social pages for helpful tips and tricks throughout the day!

Hands Holding Colorful Speech Bubbles Social Media Concept

Special Offer:

Sign up for a complimentary consultation during July and receive an Email Marketing Guide valued at $375! We offer a 30-minute phone consultation with our CEO, and can answer your questions and discuss your specific marketing needs - no strings attached. Call 408-218-2391 or contact us today to arrange your consultation!

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *