They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and that is especially true in content marketing campaigns. Research shows the power of visuals in a business’ content marketing campaign. According to Hubspot:
- Content marketing gets three times more leads than paid search advertising.
- Emails with images offer an almost 10% boost in open rates.
- An overwhelming majority of people (94%) report watching explainer videos to learn more about a product, with 84% being swayed to make a purchase. (Wyzowl, 2021)
So, how can you create graphics and videos for your content marketing strategy? What should you keep in mind as you design the visuals? In this short article we delve into tips to make the most of your visuals.
Five Best Practices For Visuals
Whether you’re creating videos, graphics or editing images to use in your marketing campaign, there are a handful of basic principles and best practices to keep in mind:
- Main Message: What are you trying to convey with the image or video?
- Brand Style Guidelines: How can you incorporate them in a visually appealing way?
- Brand Logos And Address: your content marketing visuals with your company’s logo and/or website address when appropriate.
- Simplicity: You don’t want your visuals to be too convoluted or busy. It’s visually distracting.
- Audience: Think about the target audience you’re trying to reach with your content marketing efforts. What about the image or video will appeal to them? Does it share helpful information? Is it visually inspiring?
Three Cost-Effective Graphic Design Tools
Are you ready to create images and videos for your business’ marketing campaign? Here are three helpful tools to consider using:
- Visme:While there are limits on the basic (free) plan, this is a fantastic tool for creating infographics, charts, inspiring images and more.
- Canva: It’s no secret we love this tool. Three Girls’ team uses it to make everything from helpful custom images for our Instagramaccount to branded labels we print out and send to clients.
- Boosted By Lightricks: This is a fantastic tool for simple custom videos. We’ve used it on everything from the videos on our YouTube channel to slideshows for clients’ social media ad campaigns.
When it comes to creating custom visuals for your company’s content marketing campaign, the options are endless! I recommend you check out the tools above and get creative. Your imagination is the limit on what you can create for your brand!
Need More Marketing Advice For Your Business?
If you are struggling with getting started on your visual content marketing strategy, we can help. Contact us for a complimentary consultation and check out our blog for more helpful insights!
Sign up for a complimentary consultation during January and receive an Email Marketing Guide valued at $475! We offer a 30-minute phone consultation with our CEO and can answer your questions and discuss your specific marketing needs – no strings attached. Call 360-955-1410 or contact us today to arrange your consultation!