Blogs are a fantastic way to connect with consumers in a way that isn’t always possible with a small business dependent on Internet orders. And yet, a lot of small businesses don’t have one at all.
Sheconomy recently posted an article with six reasons your company should be blogging. You can check out the full article at http://ow.ly/1gyX7, but here were the main points:
- Blogging can generate more interest in your business.
- Blogging touts you as an expert and builds trust.
- Blogging is a way to get your staff involved.
- Blogging can provide another way to generate press interest.
- Blogging gives you a way to create buzz and get free research.
So, once you do start a blog, what do you write about? There are unlimited topics to cover – all that have to do with your business. Here are five ideas to get you started:
- Do you make a food product? Post about recipes that use your product.
- Do you have a new line coming out? Talk about it! Write about the new line of hats your company will be carrying.
- Are you attending any events soon? Tell your readers about it: When it is, what steps you’re taking to get ready, etc.
- Do you have a product you can give to lucky readers? Host a giveaway on your blog – this gives you an opportunity to highlight whatever product you’re giving away and incentive for customers to keep reading.
- Did you read an article that relates to your business or industry? Share it! Include a link to it on your blog, and explain the connection for your readers.
Of course, the possibilities are endless. Here are a few companies that have done a good job of blogging to give you more ideas: