We’ve discussed the importance of social media marketing and blogging for SEO before, but just how vital is it to your digital marketing strategy? Very! If you want to be found online, it’s important you understand a few basic steps to raise your search engine ranking on Google. Keep reading for 6 helpful tips.
Google’s Factors to Consider
AudienceBloom analyzed two popular correlation studies to determine key factors that correlate to higher rankings in Google (see the full infographic below). Here are their main findings:
- Google gives more authority to websites that end with .com
- Google+ updates increase search rank more than any other social media network
- Google ranks short URLs higher than long ones
- Faster websites are ranked higher than slower ones
- Higher ranking is given to domain names without dashes that exactly match the user’s search
- From 2013 to 2014, more weight was given to keywords in internal and external links as well as in the body
- From 2013 to 2014, less weight was given to keywords in the title and meta description
- More content seems to be better than less content
6 Digital Marketing Tips
What does all of this mean for your social media marketing and blogging for SEO practices? Integrate these 6 tips into your digital marketing strategy:
- Make sure your website ends with .com.
- Host your blog in a subdirectory of your website (i.e. threegirlsmedia.com/blog).
- Include Google+ in your social media marketing strategy.
- Keep your website’s URLs short.
- Use links to your advantage – don’t be afraid to link to other websites from your blog.
- When blogging for SEO, sprinkle keywords throughout your links and the body of your text.
Here’s the full infographic for your convenience:
Your resources spent investing in social media marketing and blogging for SEO are wasted if you aren’t smart about it. Set up your website with a .com address, utilize Google+ for your business and take advantage of links to make sure your digital marketing is as strong as it can be. Make sure you contact us if you have any questions or want help managing these activities for your company, too!
Special Offer: Complimentary Consultation
Three Girls Media, Inc. is a public relations and social media management agency founded in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley with a team in the Seattle area. We love working with small and emerging companies across the nation to raise their brand awareness and name recognition. We offer a complimentary 30-minute phone consultation with our CEO and can answer your questions and discuss your specific marketing needs.
Call 408-218-2391 or Contact us today to arrange yours!