Blogging for SEO is vital to raising your company’s visibility online. But to be successful, it takes more than just writing random thoughts on your blog. Here’s the anatomy of an effective blog post:
1. Keywords. Blogging for SEO is both a science and an art. In addition to providing helpful, easy-to-read information, it’s important to sprinkle keywords throughout your post. Make sure you include them in your title, too!
2. Title. An effective title is vital to your blog post’s success. Yes, you want to include your keyword(s), but you also want it to catch your readers’ attention and be descriptive.
3. Introduction. When blogging for SEO, your introduction needs to include the following elements: at least one keyword in the first sentence, a brief summary of what readers can expect and motivation for them to keep reading.
4. Body. It’s important the body of your blog post is easy to read. Share helpful or interesting information and keep it clear and concise. One great way to make it easy for your readers to read is to break up hefty paragraphs with numbered lists/bullet points and/or bold text. Or, if your post doesn’t lend itself to a list, use sub-titles to split it into smaller chunks. Also, make sure you include a few inbound and outbound hyperlinks to help with SEO.
5. Conclusion. When you wrap up your post, make sure you include a brief summary of your main points and a call to action. Think about what you want to inspire your readers to do and ask them!
6. Image & Caption. Although you may think words are what make blogging for SEO important, visuals have a very important role, too. Think about what your article is about and use a related clean, crisp image (make sure you have the right to use it too!). Save it with a keyword in the file name and, when you upload and insert it into your post, add a compelling caption that includes a keyword.
Are you blogging for SEO effectively? From your keywords, title and introduction to the body, conclusion and image/caption, this guide will help you craft strong, compelling posts your readers are sure to appreciate!
Special Offer:Sign up for a complimentary consultation during December and receive an Annual Marketing Planning Guide valued at $475! We offer a 30-minute phone consultation with our CEO, and can answer your questions and discuss your specific marketing needs - no strings attached. Call 408-218-2391 or contact us today to arrange your consultation!