Are you blogging for your business? Blogging for SEO (search engine optimization) continues to be one of the best ways to make your company’s website more visible online. We’ve seen it work well for countless clients, as well as for Three Girls itself.
But we’re not alone! As the infographic below shows, blogging for SEO has immense value. Here are just 8 of the fascinating statistics:
- Small businesses with blogs generate 126% more leads than those without.
- 82% of customers enjoy reading relevant content from brands.
- 81% of US customers trust advice and information from blogs.
- Companies that blog have 80% more new visits than those that don’t.
- 70% of customers learn about a company through articles rather than ads.
- 61% of US consumers have made a purchase based on a blog post.
- 57% of companies with a blog have acquired a customer from their blog.
- Businesses with over 200 total blog articles got 4.6 times more traffic than those with under 20 blog posts.
How can you use blogging effectively?
One of the main reasons blogging for SEO doesn’t work is because of poor execution. As the infographic explains, your top priority is to provide value for your audience; otherwise why would they read your post? As you write, take the time to make your articles high quality. Follow this guide to create an effective blog post.
Also, remember a few important best practices:
- Frequency matters. If you can’t post daily, at least post weekly. Scheduling your posts to go live the same day of the week and time of day makes a big difference for SEO!
- Incorporate keywords. Sprinkle terms throughout the post, as well as in the headline, to make the article easier to find online.
- But remember your readers. As I explained above, the purpose is to provide value to your readers; make sure your post is easy for them to read and digest.
- Give it time. Blogging for SEO isn’t an overnight strategy. The more you do it, the more effective it will be.
- Add an image. Research shows that consumers respond well to visuals, so make sure each post has a clear, crisp image to attract their attention.
As you incorporate blogging into your business’ strategy, remember we’re here to help! If you have any questions or want help, please contact us for a complimentary consultation for advice specific to your company.
Special Offer: Complimentary Consultation
Three Girls Media, Inc. is a public relations and social media management agency founded in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley with a team in the Seattle area. We love working with small and emerging companies across the nation to raise their brand awareness and name recognition. We offer a complimentary 30-minute phone consultation with our CEO and can answer your questions and discuss your specific marketing needs.
Call 408-218-2391 or Contact us today to arrange yours!