Is blogging part of your company’s digital marketing strategy? As we’ve shared before, updating your business’ blog on a regular basis is incredibly valuable for making your organization visible online (see the statistics in this blog post). Still, are you blogging effectively?
[Digital Marketing] 7 Common Blogging Mistakes
The infographic below shares 7 common blogging mistakes that may be sabotaging your hard digital marketing efforts! Are you guilty of any of these missteps? I’ve shared some of the main points and added my own commentary. Read the full infographic below for more details!
1. Blogging Every Day. Even with a staff that can help you write blog posts, updating your website seven days requires a LOT of content creation. It’s better to only upload one post per week if you’re consistent – down to the same day and time.
2. Search Engine (Over) Optimization. SEO is important! But it’s also vital that you write your blog posts with people in mind, not Google’s algorithms.
3. Thinking If You Write It, They Will Come. You’ve uploaded a post to your blog. Great! Now what? Share the post on your social media pages, too. Depending on which networks you use, add a few relevant hashtags to make it more visible as well.
4. Thinking No Ones Uses Email Lists. Yes, social media is a great way to share your blog posts, but so is your email newsletter! Your email lists are made up of readers that have opted-in to hear from you, so use it to your advantage. One idea the infographic shares is to allow your readers to access your blog posts before they’re live on your main website.
5. Believing Words are the Only Part of a Post That Matters. As important as words are, the overall appearance of your website and the blog posts on it make a difference. Use high-res images, think about formatting and consider how your site appears to new visitors.
Are you effectively using blogging as part of your digital marketing strategy? Did any of the common mistakes above surprise you? Share in the comments below!
Special Offer:Sign up for a complimentary consultation during May and receive a Content Calendar Guide valued at $375! We offer a 30-minute phone consultation with our CEO, and can answer your questions and discuss your specific marketing needs - no strings attached. Call 408-218-2391 or contact us today to arrange your consultation!