Are you managing social media marketing for your company? Are you using the tools available to you effectively? It can be hard to keep up with all the various networks’ latest and greatest features! Here are 7 helpful tools built into three of the most popular platforms to check out.
7 Helpful Social Media Marketing Tools
1. Search. Facebook recently expanded its search feature to include ALL Facebook updates. What does this mean for your social media marketing? It’s even more important to use hashtags in your company’s posts! Because Facebook users don’t embrace them the same way Twitter and Google+ users do, I’d recommend one or two relevant hashtags at the end of the update so you can get the marketing benefit of them without distracting your followers from your update’s message.
2. Page Insights. How do you know if your social media marketing efforts are successful if you never look at the analytics? Facebook provides details about fan engagement, link clicks, impressions and more through this tool on your business page.
3. Scheduled Posts. We’ve discussed the value of third-party sites like SproutSocial and HootSuite before, but another convenient tool on the social network provides the ability for you to write updates in advance and schedule them out in Facebook itself. All you do is write your update as if you’re about to post it, click the arrow next to “publish” and select “schedule.” Then a window will come up that will let you select the day and time you want the update to go live on your business’ page.
4. Polls. Looking for a new way to get feedback from your followers? Twitter’s new polls feature allows you to ask a question and provide two answers for your followers to pick between. Then it shows up on your followers’ timelines and you can see the polling data based on their responses.
5. Moments. Do you have trouble keeping up with everything going on in the world? If you’re managing social media marketing for your business, it’s important you know what’s going on in the world so you can be culturally relevant with your brand. Moments is content that Twitter has curated to be the highlights shared on the platform. Browsing the Moments feed can help you stay informed in addition to potentially giving you inspiration for your next tweet.
6. Apps. LinkedIn has created various different apps that segment the platform’s various features into sub-categories:
- Pulse (showing the content in your LinkedIn feed)
- Recruiter (for those interested in recruiting)
- Connected (created to manage your contacts)
- Lookup (designed for internal search)
- Groups (which will allow users to interact in a group in the app itself)
- Job Search (for those looking for new positions)
7. Analytics. As with all platforms you use for your company’s social media marketing, it’s important you track your progress. LinkedIn has two analytics tools that are worth taking a look at: Content Marketing Score (which provides details about the content you share on LinkedIn and offers suggestions to improve your score) and Trending Content (a list of subjects that your target audience is likely to appreciate).
What social media marketing tools do you find helpful for your business? Share them in the comments below!
Also, want to know more about using social media to get the word out about your company? Remember to contact us for a complimentary 30-minute consultation!
Special Offer: Complimentary Consultation
Three Girls Media, Inc. is a public relations and social media management agency founded in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley with a team in the Seattle area. We love working with small and emerging companies across the nation to raise their brand awareness and name recognition. We offer a complimentary 30-minute phone consultation with our CEO and can answer your questions and discuss your specific marketing needs.
Call 408-218-2391 or Contact us today to arrange yours!