Do you want your company’s website to be visible online? How’s your search engine ranking? Here’s one way to improve SEO (search engine optimization) without needing to become a web expert: blog regularly!
Blogging for your business continues to be a fantastic strategy to increase your search engine ranking, which in turn makes your company easier to find online. We’ve seen this strategy work for numerous clients in addition to Three Girls itself. Still, want the hard data? Just take a look at some of the research from HubSpot that backs up this strategy:
- 44% of online shoppers begin by using a search engine.
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results.
- Companies that blog have 97% more inbound links.
- Blog frequency impacts customer acquisition. 92% of companies that blogged multiple times a day acquired a customer through their blog.
- Nearly 40% of US companies use blogs for marketing purposes.
PR Daily recently posted an article that gave some solid advice to improve SEO through blogging: “Write about the topics on which you’re an expert and convey the value your industry might add to others.” Simply by writing about what you already know, you can increase your company’s search engine ranking.
Still, sometimes it can be hard to sit down and come up with blog posts on a regular basis. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Ask yourself what you’ve been doing lately. Do you find yourself answering the same question over and over again for your customers? Write about it! Have you done anything outside of work you can relate to your industry? Get creative and note the similarities between your trip to Grandma’s house and your field of expertise.
- Bounce ideas off someone else. Personally, I like to talk to my husband to get ideas for blog posts. Even though I work in a completely different field than he does, sometimes he’s able to help me see something in a new perspective that’s worth sharing.
- Take turns. Three Girls has at least 4 blog posts going live every each week. Of course, producing that many articles on a regular basis could be overwhelming for one person! Instead, each team member has an assigned day when we know our post is supposed to go live, so we can make sure we’re updating our site regularly, in addition to spreading the work throughout the team.
- Don’t take all the credit. If you rely on another article for information, share the love by linking to it. Plus, if it’s a big website, this will help improve SEO for your blog, too!
Have you tried blogging to increase search engine rankings? What worked well for you? Share in the comments below!
Also, if you want to learn more about this marketing strategy or need help, make sure you contact us for a free 30-minute consultation. Happy blogging!
Special Offer: Complimentary Consultation
Three Girls Media, Inc. is a public relations and social media management agency founded in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley with a team in the Seattle area. We love working with small and emerging companies across the nation to raise their brand awareness and name recognition. We offer a complimentary 30-minute phone consultation with our CEO and can answer your questions and discuss your specific marketing needs.
Call 408-218-2391 or Contact us today to arrange yours!