Three Girls Media Inc. (408) 218-2391
Erika Montgomery – [email protected]
Natalie Petersen – [email protected]
Click for high-res version.
What is it?
The Sollars Home™ is the first new method for building homes since the mid-20th century. Sollars’ advanced technology produces a better, more efficient home from concrete at a comparable price and in less time than building the same wooden home.
What do they do?
Sollars Home™ exists to design and build concrete structures and finish them into sustainable homes that are like no other. The Sollars Home™ is their product. Their goal is to design and then build an entire project from start to finish. They can plan and build a custom home from scratch or they can work with you to customize one of their model home designs to maximize buying power.
The Sollars Home Process:
The Sollars team plans everything in 3D. They provide 3D printed models enabling buyers to easily visualize what their home will look like. If buyers know the basic shape of their home, they can save time, money and headaches by customizing one of Sollars’ pre-designed model homes.
Sollars Home™ starts by digging out the dirt to install the concrete foundation like in a standard wooden home project, but instead of casting just the foundation they cast the entire house. They complete 75% of Sollars Home construction in-house, so clients will see the same friendly faces on the job site day in and day out.
How Sollars Does Business:
The team at Sollars Home plans ahead to avoid unexpected charges and delays. They simulate the construction of each building and then use a combination of prefabrication and on-site construction to optimize the completion schedule.
Sollars Home works on milestone-based payments and offers a 10-year warranty with a free annual inspection.
Click for high-res version.
What are features and benefits of a Sollars Home™?
- FEATURE: One-piece reinforced concrete exoskeleton
- Benefit: A Sollars Home™ possesses the strength of a commercial building. Walls of windows, unsupported patios and large unsupported spans can be engineered into the structure at dramatically less cost than a wooden home.
- FEATURE: Sollars Home™ offers many cost-effective predesigned models or a completely custom design can be created by a licensed architect
- Benefit: A Sollars Home™ client has an unprecedented ability to manage costs, expectations and schedule based upon his or her budget and time.
- FEATURE: The Sollars Home™ library of model homes allow you to be the architect
- Benefit: The purchase of a predesigned model minimizes overall project costs for a beautiful new home.
- Benefit: The homeowner can customize a Sollars Home™ to his or her particular site, yet achieve a cost structure that is more like that of a tract home.
- Benefit: Sollars’ increasing library of predesigned models can provide the spark for new ideas that can be expanded upon to create a custom home.
- FEATURE: A concrete shell with non-structural wooden interior
- Benefit: The concrete shell of a Sollars Home™ is inherently water resistant, making it possible to offer cost-effective indoor/outdoor spaces that are popular in the Bay Area
- Benefit: The thermal mass of a Sollars Home™ keeps the building at a relatively constant internal temperature independent from the temperature outside.
- Benefit: The concrete shell of a Sollars Home™ blocks external noises, making a Sollars Home™ much quieter than a traditional wooden house.
- Benefit: A Sollars Home™ has a permanence that is not possible in a wooden structure. A Sollars Home™ is insect resistant, will not suffer wood rot and will look good for centuries with only minor maintenance. The lifespan of a Sollars Home™ could exceed over 1,000 years.
- Benefit: A Sollars Home™ maintains the “warmth” of a wooden home with all of its traditional finishing’s and capabilities, such as being able to hang pictures on the walls.
- FEATURE: Multi-Flex Forming Technology™
- Benefit: A Sollars Home™ can be constructed in about half the time of a comparable wooden home because the Multi-Flex Forming Technology™ that is employed reduces the amount of work and number of steps that are required to produce it.
- FEATURE: A Sollars Home™ can be constructed using a design/build business model
- Benefit: The homeowner is provided with a primary point of contact throughout the entire lifecycle of the project; this offers complete transparency, accountability and responsibility for a simpler, low stress project.
- Benefit: Accurate costs for individual design options are provided during the design phase of the project; this enables the homeowner to do precise budgeting and avoid “sticker shock” surprises and budget overruns that are common in most construction projects.
- FEATURE: Insulated well beyond what is required by code
- Benefit: A Sollars Home™ has insulation values as high as R50. When combined with the thermal mass of its concrete shell, the result is decreased utility bills and increased comfort.
- FEATURE: Electronic systems control
- Benefit: Various features in a Sollars Home™ can be controlled 24/7 via a smart phone or your computer at the office.
Click for high-res image.
What are the design limits?
With Multi-Flex Forming Technology, a Sollars Home™ can be built from almost any design that can be drawn on a piece of paper. A basement is an option for any Sollars Home™ and they can easily handle varying roof pitches, wall heights, wall widths, and window/door sizes and locations. Special design items like 45 degree angles, fireplaces, bay windows, elevators and decks do not pose a problem either. Even complex roof configurations and round sections can be constructed! If homeowners can envision it, Sollars Home™ can build it!
Are the homes sustainable?
Sollars Home™ respects the unyielding power of “Mother Nature.” Their buildings are extremely safe and are engineered to resist the forces of nature (earthquakes, fire, flood, wind, mold, termites and more). Concrete is a material proven to stand the test of time and Sollars Home™ is a company committed to improving the health of our planet through sustainable practices.
Sollars Home™ is a “Carbon-Neutral Builder.” For every structure built, the company will offset the carbon footprint by planting enough trees to eliminate the carbon dioxide produced by the project in a 30-year timeframe. After the CO2 output is balanced, the trees planted for each building will continue to absorb CO2 during the remainder of their lifespan, doing their small part to contribute to a healthier planet.
Click for high-res version.
Where is it?
Sollars Home™ is a privately held company with its headquarters at 1701 Rogers Avenue, Unit 40, San Jose, CA. For more information, visit www.SollarsHome.com.