Three Girls Media Inc. (408) 218-2391
Emily Sidley, Email Emily Sidley
Erika Taylor Montgomery, Email Erika Montgomery
Who is it? Dr. Kat Van Kirk is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist who has been practicing in the field of counseling since 1994. She’s also an AASECT certified Sex Therapist and board certified Clinical Sexologist through the American College of Sexology.
Dr. Kat loves seeing people positively transform themselves and bearing witness to people living their lives authentically. She knows that means overcoming challenges and has faced several in her life, including divorce, depression, breast cancer, a repressive childhood and daily self-doubt. Still, she believes she’s found a way to embrace life’s difficulties and have them serve her.
Dr. Kat’s additional credentials and experience include:
- A bachelor’s degree from Arizona State University in Family Resources and Human Development.
- A master’s degree in Counseling Psychology with a post-graduate degree in Marriage, Family and Addictions Therapy from Ottawa University
- A PhD in Human Sexuality/Clinical Sexology from the Institute for the Advanced Study of Human Sexuality
- Many years of experience in the field of public health
- Serving as the current Vice President of Lambda Aloha
- Past president of Malama Pono Health Services
- Long time member of Society for the Study of Sexuality and the American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT)
- Member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT)
- Member of the Hawaii Association for Marriage and Family Therapists (HIMFT)
- Associate professor at the Institute for the Advanced Study of Human Sexuality
- Adjunct professor at Akamai University
She also happens to also be a certified yoga teacher/therapist through the Yoga Alliance and likes to say that she’s flexible in body and mind.
Dr. Kat is quick to share her insight, writing and being interviewed for numerous nationally recognized magazines and websites. She has also become a spokesperson extraordinaire in the last couple of years, with relationships with TwinLab, Lavilin and Alvita natural products and supplements. She’s also been serving as a spokesperson and resident sex expert at Adam & Eve, since 2010.
In addition, Dr. Kat founded DRKAT, LLC – a media and product development company that creates entertaining and thought provoking content for companies, the web and television, as well as providing consulting on related television programming. Products currently in development include a line of Dr. Kat adult toys and a supplement line that supports erectile dysfunction for men and arousal issues in women. She’s in the process of starting a lifestyle brand that will help you live the sexiest and most fulfilled life possible.
Dr. Kat is also a wife and mother that enjoys an inventive cocktail, any and all theatre, a good book, bawdy humor, creative ways in which to live life, meditation, yoga, barre, Piyo, boot camp, surfing, “I love yous” from her two sprite-like daughters and date nights with her husband.
Where is she? Find out more about Dr. Kat at DrKat.com or watch her videos, Sex Chat with Dr. Kat, on YouTube. She splits her time between Los Angeles and Hawaii, but is available worldwide via Skype.
You can also connect with her via social media: